Jobs >> HGV Driver
Working as part of a team, and reporting to the Branch Management Team and Huws Gray Transport Managers, you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service at all times. Your key responsibilities include:-
- Providing an effective and reliable multi-drop delivery and collection service to customers and other branches
- The safe and efficient operation of company vehicles
- Ensuring the safe and correct loading of vehicles
- Maintaining all supporting paperwork
- Ensuring that the vehicle is driven and maintained to the standards laid down by the Road Transport / Traffic Legislation, and Company instructions at all times
- Generating sales leads and reporting market information back to branch
- Representing the company when out of the branch and when dealing with customers and the public
- Helping out with general branch duties as and when required and requested by management
- Provide relief cover at other local Huws Gray branches as and when required
You will need to be:
- Able to work on your own initiative, but also willing to work as part of a wider team
- A good communicator
- Presentable, approachable, positive and polite
- Motivated, energetic and passionate about your work
- In possession of basic numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Physically fit
- In possession of a valid current Category C HGV licence
In addition to holding an appropriate driving licence, previous experience in the operation of HIAB equipment and the transport of hazardous cargo is desirable, but training will be provided in these areas, as well as the provision of training to use our forklift and other mechanical handling equipment.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE.
Completed forms should be sent either to email@example.com or by post to:
Huws Gray Ltd.